| organisation ||Expert Member with Govt of Maharashtra|
| known as ||Bala|
| date of birth ||November 27, 1983|
| native place ||Parda Tal. Lonar Dist. Buldana|
| father ||Shankarrao Darade|
| marital status ||Single|
| education & qualification ||B E (E &TC ) from JNEC, Aurangabad; MS at University of Cincinnati in EE- Nanotechnology & Solar Cell|
| professional summary ||Born and grew up in small village near Lonar, Maharashtra to a service oriented, local Social Leader, Early schooling at govt school (under tree), then Nutan Vidyalay Selu and JNV Basamathnagar.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication from JNEC, Aurangabad
- Participation in and contributed to “Deep Impact Mission-2004”,“MARS Exploration Rover-2003 Mission”, NASA.
- Masters degree (MS) at University of Cincinnati in EE- Nanotechnology & Solar Cell
- Became " Art Of Living" Teacher and conducted courses in U.S ; Volunteered and Raised funds for International Assosiation of Human Values
-Founded IT company " Relations Bridge Innovators" in 2010 in USA
- Aug 2011: Left USA and returned to live a life of service for people of Rural India
- Founded The Shankara Gram Parivartan / Shankara Rural Transformation Project to create model villages aiming at solving rural problems of infrastructure, girl education and rights , farmer loans , water and health and hygiene facilities
- Worked with Anna Hazare as extended Core team member for India Against Corruption
- Inspired and blessed by Sri Sri Ravi Shankarji / Dr APJ Abdul Kalam to enter and spiritualize Politics
-Contested as Independent and won Zilla Parishad elections in February (2012) and won with a majority of over 50 % votes
- Contested Loksabha 2014/ Parliamentary elections from Buldana as Independent candidate (peoples candidate). Only one actively supported by Annaji Hazare (who campaigned).
- Campaigned in unique way without money, muscle, alcohol, cast, party and came out to be the best by any independent in Maharashtra.
Slogans and strategy:
- No use of money power, muscle power or alcohol. Good people with good way can win the elections with huge margin.
- The Change is Certain "आता बदल निश्चित" - appeal for change within- being the change agent we want to see in the society
- ना जात, ना पात, ना पक्ष ! ग्राम परिवर्तन एकच लक्ष !!
- Traveled to various countries (USA, Canada, European countries etc ). Recent visit to China as Youth Delegate of Govt of India, addressed youth leaders at European Parliament.
- Leading Shankara Rural Transformation Project (SRTP) in 20 villages in the Vidarbha region, plagued by farmland suicides, huge unemployment and consequent problems, and depression among the people.
"I have realised that elections, however small, are a tough job. But in a democracy, elections are a must and it is imperative to elect good representatives at all levels - I have taken the first step towards this change."|
| Awards & Achievement ||
- Featured on "Great Bhet" program by Nikhil Wagle, IBN Lokmant as youngest person. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmUTqNSVoXE
- "Person of the Year 2013" - The Weekend Leader- VIT Chennai, 11 Feb 2014.
- Vijigishu Chhatra Sangha Netrutva Puraskar (Winning Personality Students Wing Leader Awards) , 3rd Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad, Jan 2013, MIT Pune.
- "Parivartan 2013 " - Parivartan Sanstha Pune
- " Achievers 2013" - PUMBA, Pune University.
- Featured in July 30, 2012 INDIA TODAY as the ROMANTICS-- They have a Dream and covered by various Top newspapers.
- "महाराष्ट्राचा लाल " - Maharashtracha Lal award by RED FM, Pune, 2012.
- Featured/awarded as "Youth Icon" by various organizations such as Art of Living, Chanakya Mandal magazene
- Resident Education and Development Outstanding Students Leader Award, University of Cincinnati, 2009
- University Graduate Scholarshop, University of Cincinnati, 2007-09
- 1st Place - Best Paper Award in International Conference of Systematics, Cybernetics and Informatics - 2007
- Lonar Ratna Award for Scientific Contribution in development of Lonar Crater, 2006
- 1st Prize - Indian Microelectronics Society Conference (IMS), 2005
- 1st Prize - Hardware/ Software Project Contest, VIT-IEEE-SB, 2005
- 1st Prize - UG/PG Student Contest, IEEE Communication Society, 2004
- Outstanding Engineering Student Award, IEEE, 2004
- Outstanding Engineering Student Award, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, 2003-04
- Govt. of India Scholarship for Engineering Education, 2001-05|
| hobbies ||Active interest in Social work and Village Transformation.
Balasaheb feels that this the the time that young and brightest to join politics for the service of humanity. Those who have achieved something in life and now want to contribute back to society needs to join the politics.
Wants to focus on 4 key aspects:
1. Rural Development - Sustainable village development projects for solving a village's need-based problems.
2. Youth Empowerment - with focus on role of youth in Nation building, individual skill devt, entrepreneurship, career/ character building.
3. Creating awareness among citizens, changing the attitude of people & Collaboration with government and other agencies
4. Good governance by bringing in more transparency using technology. (which will reduce corruption and increase devt)|
| few facts to know ||born and grew up in small village in vidarbha, studies in India and USA, lost his parents in 2008 in an accident , then he decides to dedicate his life for humanity and lives like whole world as his family.
US based Entrepreneur and Nanotechnologist returned to the villages just like the movie Swades, to serve people of rural India . He starts with social work in villages, travels, talks to youth, farmers, participates in Anti corruptions movement, farmers movement. They he realizes that rather than being just social worker it would be great if he can bring political revolution.
6 months after his return from the US, within few weeks of campaigning, he has won Zilla Parishad Elections against well-established parties and wins by over 50% votes.
He has been leading self sustainable model village development & rural transformation in Maharashtra.
He worked as a part of India Against Corruption (IAC) and feels that actively taking part in local Zilla Parishad will help drive transformation.
ZP Elections was the first step toward new beginning PARIVARTAN 2014 . He formed teams, worked extensively and contested for 2014 Parliamentary/Loksabha elections from Buldana constituency against corrupt establishments.
Balasaheb aka Bala as he is affectionately referred to by many has been inspired by and working/ and supported actively with some great leaders like-
- Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of Living: Spirituality & Human Values
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
- Anna Hazare, Social Leader & Activist|